Our fashion philosophy is based on creating a sustainable route to market. Here’s how we try to minimise CO2 emissions every step of the way:
- As we are a small business we've decided that it's more important not to overstock and risk waste than to sell that extra volume. Yes, we might loose sales for those customers who are not willing to wait two extra weeks, but we are rather take our responsibility than end up with a stock of the wrong sizes.
- Our wonderful suppliers help us produce fast in a timely matter when we know exactly what garment in which size our customers want.
- Our R-T-W collection is produced close to our main markets in Scandinavia enabling us to reduce long shipments.
- For scarves with prints we use the most modern digital print to obtain color and patterns of our products. A huge upside to the more commonly used screen print, which has more wastage in both color and fabric. With digital printing the technology is very precise - we print exactly what we need and no extra fabric is wasted.
- We choose the best sustainable fabrics available. We always choose recycled when available and our suppliers are very dedicated to streamlining their processes to minimise scrapping and water usage .
- We must be honest; we do not always use organic silk today – why? The reason is shortage in the market and difficulty of sourcing . But silk is in many ways a better material than many other. The organic silk has about 13% less CO2 emissions than regular. For materials such as cotton the difference is well above 30%. We will continue to look for and push our subcontractors to find better fabrics.
- Shipping represents a huge chunk of the CO2 emissions for all companies producing goods. And there is lots to be improved in this area. As a small company we are dependent on what the large delivery companies can offer, but we always choose a green shipping method when one is available.
- Degradable shipping bags - we spend a bit of extra to buy the most sustanable shipping bags that are made from degradable material - if it ends up in nature it can actually be turned into soil.
- We also try and minimise excessive material in our pack - your order sheet and return information are included in the order confirmation email - no extra papers needed!
- Our scarves are made of silk and wool which both are noticeably light and thus means less weight compared to other fabrics in shipping. The wool is especially great since it is so small in weight but still manages to be very warming.
Material & Care instructions
Be responsible. Make it last.
Please click below to reach our Care instruction information